I am currently a PhD student at the Universty of Limerick where I work within the Mathematics Applications Consortium for Science and Industry (MACSI) supervised by Prof. James Gleeson working on describing the dynamics of complex systems through a combination of mathematical modelling alongside large-scale data analysis. These systems can range from memes, online threads to even Fantasy sports!
- October 22nd, 2021: Just out in Physical Review Research: Our work on Herbert Simon’s classical random-copying model and extensions to incorporate memory effects. Link.
- June 8th, 2021: Delighted to see some of our work on Covid-19 modelling which is utilised in advising NPHET (National Public Health Emergency Team) regarding the epidemic within Ireland appear in preprint form. Link.
- May 14th, 2021: New in Physical Review Research - we take a deep dive into the emrgence of leader nodes across a large collection of empirical networks (open access). Link.
- May 3rd, 2021: I was invited to write a blog for Oxford University Press on our recent work where we applied complex networks theory to the problem of ranking within the sport of snooker. Link.
- March 7th, 2021: Just out in Journal of Complex Networks - our work on providing a ranking system to the sport of snooker (open access). Link.
- March 4th, 2021: Our work on Fantasy Premier League has just been published in PLOS ONE, with some media coverage including New Scientist, The Times (London), The Daily Star, Today FM (radio interview), The Irish Examiner, The Irish Times, Irish Independent, Limerick Leader, Limerick Post, and Offaly Express. Link | arXiv.
- Ferbruary 4th, 2021: If you’ve ever wondered about webscraping in R or the secrets to success in Fantasy Premier League (or both!) then check out this invited webinar I gave for the WhyR? foundation. Slides | Video
- December 4th, 2020: Received a prize for best speaker at the 7th SIAM Irish Student Chapter Conference where I presented our work on ranking within complex systems. Slides | Video
- September 10th, 2020: Our work on FPL has been featured in New Scientist.
- Complex Systems
- Data Science
PhD in Applied Mathematics, 2017-2021
University of Limerick
BSc. in Financial Mathematics, 2013-2017
University of Limerick